Services for Finns
The customer service hours for consular issues handled at the Embassy are changed. From 1st December 2014 customer service is available from Monday to Thursday at 08.00–11.00. There is no customer service on Fridays. Consular issues include amongst other things, notary certificates, notifications to the Finnish population register, Finnish citizenship issues and Finnish passport applications.
The Embassy of Finland in Bangkok serves Finnish citizens and foreigners residing permanently in Finland while visiting or residing in Thailand in matters within the scope of the Consular Services Act. According to the Consular Services Act, a person applying for a consular service shall be advised and given guidance on how to proceed with his or her matter.
- Visa Centre serves customers near BTS-stations Nana and Asoke and subway Sukhumvit on the 8th Floor of Trendy Building (address: No.10/104-106 (801-803), 8th Floor, The Trendy Building, Sukhumvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110) Monday–Friday 8.00–16.00 both with and without an appointment. Groups with four or more applicants must book a time for submitting their visa applications. The Visa Centre telephone number is +66 2 118 7009 (open Monday–Friday, 8.00–12.00 and 13.00–16.00). Customer service over the telephone is provided in English and Thai. Link to the Visa Centre website http://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Thailand/.
- Visa applications can be submitted at the Embassy by appointment only on tue and Thu 8.30 - 11.30 am. Appointments are booked on the Visa Centre website or by telephone (+66 2 118 7009).
- Embassy's Visa Department provides telephone service on Monday-Thursday 14.00–15.00, tel. +66 2 207 8700. The email address for questions pertaining to visas is email@example.com.
- Applications for residence permits can be submitted at the Embassy by appointment only on Mon - Thu. Appointments are booked by email directly from the Embassy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer service hours for consular issues, passport issues and the legalization of documents are Monday–Thursday 8.30 - 11.30. There is no customer service on Fridays.The email address for questions pertaining consular issues is email@example.com
- In case of an emergency outside office hours, the number +358 9 160 55555 can be called. This number is meant only for emergencies.
- See the list of public holidayswhen the embassy is closed.
The Embassy in Bangkok helps Finnish citizens also with such matters as securing passports and other official documents. Moreover, the Embassy assists Finnish citizens in distress and offers assistance with legal issues concerning military service,citizenship, or notarial services. Furthermore, the Embassy is obliged to help other Finnish governmental offices for example in elections by organising the advance voting abroad.
The honorary consuls of Finland are also part of our network. They help Finnish citizens in distress and provide all the interested parties with relevant information either on Thailand or Finland.
Foreign citizens' visas and residence permits can be applied for at the Embassy.
The list of service fees.
If you need a lawyer
British embassy has made a list of English speaking lawyers in Thailand. Please note that they nor Finnish embassy takes any responsibility of the listed companies. Feedback can be given to list provider. See the list: If you need a lawyer